Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Newbie

Well, I have decided to jump into the world of blogging. I have been inspired from reading brady, scott, and rob's blogs over the past couple of weeks. I have decided that this might be a good way to keep a journal of sorts. I also have the opportunity to be awake late because sophie (10 months) and ellie (3 yrs) are both sick and cry out every 10 minutes or so. I jump up and run into the babies room to give sophie the pacifier. Every time I give her the pacifier, I feel like Pavlov's dog! It is a vicious cycle.

I just started a new job a few weeks ago. I was working at US Bank as a personal banker in burley and then was offered a supposed high paying commission job as a mortgage lender. I should have seen the warning signs, especially when the words high paying, commission, and mortgage lender are used in the same sentence. I did this for about 5 months and then my branch was closed down by the company. If you follow the news at all, you probably could see that coming with all of the sub prime fallout. It was ok, because then I was able to actually start bringing in some money for my family in the form of unemployment checks. If you have ever had to file for unemployment, I am sure that it ranks up there with childbirth, kidney stones, and seeing Hillary Clinton elected president. I was unemployed for 3 short weeks and then was hired as the branch manager of the Rupert branch of US Bank. I know that if I would have stayed as a banker, they would have never considered me for this position. I am sure that the faith and prayers of my family helped considerably. Long story short, I am getting a regular paycheck for the first time in 2 1/2 months.

I have a 15 minute commute to work now and I am not sure how to handle this. My last trip to work took me 5 minutes and that is if I got unlucky and had to stop at the 4 stoplights that I passed through. It is ok, I found some good podcasts and listen to them on the way to rupert every morning. It beats listening to talk radio shows. There are only 2 local talk radio programs that you can pick up in burley, one is broadcast from burley and the other out of twin falls. The funny thing about these shows is the people that call into them. They are always the same people with the same points and complaints. The talk show hosts calls them by their first name and thinks it is great hearing the same lame points from the same lame people every day. Only in Burley.

Well, I am sure that if you read this, that you will probably not be coming back for more. I will try and have some funny stuff like the other bloggers that I have read. I guess that I needed to get a few things out in the open to begin with and will try and be more entertaining in the future. Later

1 comment:

Brady said...

Let me be the first to welcome you to the world of blogging. Lets see if you can get some famous people to post comments on your blog (not counting me). Blog on my friend, blog on....