Monday, August 31, 2009

Back from a Break

I need to first start off by thanking my awesome wife for letting me go out riding in the evening. She gets up at 6 am to run while I sleep, and is still willing to let me go out in the evening while she gets the girls ready for bed. We had family home evening tonight with Mom, Dad, Grandma Merz, and Kristen and the twins. After everyone left I was helping give kids baths and getting them ready for bed and was in my mind thinking that I wasn't going to get a ride tonight when Andrea asked if I was going to go out. So, I grabbed my helmet and took off. I had a goal to ride 10 miles tonight, but didn't know if I was going to be able to since I hadn't rode for a couple of days. Here are my stats:

Distance: 10.55 miles
Max Speed: 25.7 mph
Avg. Speed: 16.9 mph
Time: 37:33 minutes
Calories Burned: 544.2
Fat Burned: 69.7

The first 3 miles were hard. My legs felt like lead and I was thinking of turning around and heading back home. I was heading S. on 50 E. road and by the time I got to 400 s, I was feeling better and by the time I got to 500 s. I decided to head W. over to 50 W. Road. Once I got to 50 W road and headed N. back into town, I was feeling pretty good. I don't know if the road has a litte bit of a decline in it, but I felt like I could go faster. My legs were feeling pretty good so I tried to push my speed up and for the last 3 miles back, my speed was between 18-20 mph on average. I should have kept going S. on 50 E. and then turned back down the same route.

No comments: