Friday, August 28, 2009

Day Three

Day 3

I missed riding on thursday because I was helping someone in the ward move. I rode my bike to their place thinking that I could move them quick and then go on my ride. There was 6 of us from the elders quorum and we went to two different storage units. One of the guys in the ward just bought him a road bike and started riding. I asked how far he went on his first ride and he said 12 miles. I felt pretty much like a loser only going 3 miles on my first ride. I guess that means I have more room for improvement. Another guy from the ward road from Albion to connor creek and then back. If you are not familiar with this area, that is a very hilly ride, with uphill climbs both ways. I have heard of some guys riding from albion up to the mount harrison lookout and then back. I guess that I have a long ways to go before I can compete with that kind of riding.
Day 3 stats:
Distance: 7.98 miles
Max Speed: 20.1 mph
Average Speed: 16.2 mph
Total time: 29:38
Calories: 467.6
Fat: 53.3

I felt pretty good tonight, my legs were really sore at first but after about 2 miles they went fairly numb and I was able to push a little harder and make them burn, so I guess that I just need to get my muscles use to working again. Sitting at desk all day long is not a very good muscle building activity. I chose a pretty level route tonight with only 2 stops along the way. I started from Andrea's parents. I went W. on 27th to 50 W. Road and turned south. I went to 400 S. road and turned E. I then turned N. on 50 E. road and took that back to 100 S./27th. The last mile I really tried to push it and kept the speedometer between 18-20 mph. I am going to avoid stop signs tomorrow to see if that helps get that average speed up.

1 comment:

Brady said...

Hey Bikerman!

What's the latest on your biking journal? I'm curious to hear if you feel more in shape already or if your legs are still sore?

A few people in my ward still ask me when I'm going to get a road bike...