Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Part Deux

Day 2 Stats:
Distance: 5.65 miles
Max Speed: 20.5 mph
Average Speed: 15.7 mph
Time: 21.48 minutes
Calories burned: 291.3
Fat burned: 36.3

Day 2 was a little bit of a different ride. I started off heading E. on 27th and immediately knew that it was going to be a hard ride because my legs were sore. I decided to turn S. on 50 E. road to avoid the big hill on 150 E. road. I would have been going downhill and didn't want to inflate my numbers, so I chose to ride on more of a flat surface. I rode down 50 E. road and then turned W. on 200 S. road and crossed highway 27. I continued W. to 150 W. road then turned N. About half way down this road, it turned to packed dirt and was quite bumpy and caused me to slow down. I made it to 100 S. and turned E. I then headed back into town and to home. The route was fairly level with one slight incline. I think that I need to stay on a country road that has no stop signs so I can keep riding without stopping. I had to stop 3 times because of stop signs at busy intersections. When I got home my legs felt like jello and my right arm and hand were numb. I must have been favoring that side? I feel pretty good about the distance that I rode. I am certain that my average speed will go up if I avoid slowing and stopping at intercections. I went out at 7 pm and it was much better riding in the daylight. The temperature was about 85 degrees, but I encountered far less bugs and didn't eat any tonight. I need to get a waterbottle cage to keep some water with me. I will try a different route tomorrow to see if I can bring my average speed up.

No comments: